PetSafe® Off-Leash Dog Park
The Waverly PetSafe® Off-Leash Dog Park is located in southeast Waverly near 8th Street SE and 17th Ave SE.
Watch for events at the Bark Park throughout the year!
Dog Park Rules
The Waverly Bark Park rules are in place to protect all users, canine and human. They are also posted at the dog park.
The most important rule is to have your dog immunized. The State of Iowa requires rabies and distemper shots for all dogs. We highly recommend Bordetella and a fecal screen on a regular basis. This will protect your dog as well as other users of the park.
- Dogs must be at least 4 months old to use the park. Dogs in heat should not use the park.
- Humans must be 8 years of age to enter the park and 15 years of age to bring a dog to the park. Dogs and younger children can’t be supervised adequately at the same time. When in the facility, humans must control their dogs at all times.
- Owners are responsible for picking up after their dogs. Failure to do so could result in a fine and loss of the privilege to use the facility. Dog bags are available at the park or bring a grocery bag when you visit the park.
- Dog treats and human food should not be brought into the park. Give your dog a treat after the visit.
Safety is important to all users of the Waverly Bark Park, human and canine. Remember to have all your shots up to date, be of age to enter the dog park, and to always pick up after yourself.
For additional information, call Waverly Leisure Services Dept. at 352-6263.
If you experience an aggressive dog at the dog park, please first try to address the issue with the dog owner. If further action is necessary please contact the Waverly Police Department at 319-352-5400. The Leisure Services office does not handle aggressive dog complaints.
Dog Obedience Classes
Periodically there are Dog Obedience classes offered at the Waverly Bark Park.
The cost of the class is $125 with a $25 discount for those that register a rescue dog. The sessions are typically 6-weeks.
Contac the Leisure Services office at 319-352-6263 for upcoming class information.
- non-retractable 4’-6’ leash, a buckle collar or harness (no pinch, choke, or corrective collars allowed)
- bag of soft treats or dog kibble
- copy of the dog’s vaccination records
- current on vaccinations (Rabies, Distemper/Parvo, Bordetella)
- free from visible infections, parasites, communicable diseases
Joshua Smith, the instructor, is a graduate of the Animal Behavior College and the accreditation training program for dogs through PetSmart, Inc.
Private classes are made by appointment with the Instructor.
For additional information call Waverly Leisure Services Dept. at 352-6263.