Curbside Yard Waste Collection
During designated week(s) each spring and fall, the City of Waverly offers a free collection of leaves and yard waste that have been placed in biodegradable bags. Please note that sticks and brush are only picked up during the spring free collection weeks and not during the fall. Further details are listed below:
Fall, 2020 - Free Collection of Leaves / Yard Waste
The 2020 Fall Leaf & Yard Waste Collection is scheduled for 6 weeks, from October 5 until November 13, on your regular garbage day or shortly after. After November 13 until November 20, you may call 352-6247 to schedule your bags of leaves to be picked up. Biodegradable bags are required.
Spring, 2020 - Free Collection of Leaves / Yard Waste / Sticks / Brush
The next Spring Leaf & Yard Waste Collection will be held April 27 through May 8, on your regular garbage day or shortly after. Biodegradable bags are required. Please read the following "General Instructions".
General Instructions for the Spring / Fall Free Yard Waste Collection:
- Leaves and yard waste must be placed in biodegradable bags (available for purchase at local retailers). Bags need to be prelabeled as biodegradable or yard waste bags.
- Leaves and yard waste in the regular black or green plastic leaf bags will not be picked up.
- Each bag or bundle is to weigh no more than 50 pounds.
- Place bags of leaves at front curb on your regular garbage day by 7:00 a.m. during the above designated week(s), for pick up on your garbage day or shortly after.
- Sticks & brush are picked up for free only during the two spring collection weeks. These need to be bundled no more than 18 inches in diameter and 48 inches long.
- Please refer to the Fall '20 Newsletter for more information.
Wood Mulch Delivery
To reduce the stockpile of wood mulch, this spring we will again deliver to Waverly residents and businesses (within the City limits) for a fee. Note: One cubic yard of mulch covers approximately 100 square feet at 3 inches thick. Call 352-6247 to set up delivery.
Leaf Vacuum Service
Leaf vacuuming is also a service available to citizens of Waverly each Fall. Leaves need to be placed between the sidewalk and curb area, not in the street. The fee for this service is $30 for the first half hour and $15 for each additional half hour. This service will be offered until Nov. 20, weather permitting, or until daytime air temperature drops below freezing. Call Public Services at 352-6247 to schedule the leaf vacuum service.
Special Pickup Service for Leaves / Yard Waste / Brush
The City of Waverly does provide a Special Pickup Service for leaves, yard waste and brush at a charge of $25 per load at any time during the year. Call 352-6247 if you'd like to schedule this service.
Biodegradable Yard Waste Bags
Biodegradable yard waste bags are required during the designated free yard waste collection weeks each spring and fall. Biodegradable bags can be purchased from local retailers.
NOTE: Bags must be labeled as biodegradable or yard waste bags.
Christmas Tree Removal 2019
From December 30 through January 10, the City of Waverly's Public Works Department will once again assist in the disposal of Christmas trees for Waverly residents. To take advantage of this service, place your tree at the curb in front of your residence (not in the alley) sometime during this period. Please have all tinsel, decorations and plastic tree bag removed prior to disposal. Wreaths and garland will also be picked up.