Waverly is located in Northeast Iowa on the banks of the Cedar River approximately 80 miles west of the Mississippi River and 60 miles south of the Iowa/Minnesota border.
- 2012 - 10,035
- 2010 - 9,874
- 2000 - 8,968
- 1990 - 8,539
- 1980 - 8,444
- 1970 - 7,205
Waverly's climate is continental in nature, characterized by four distinct seasons and a rather wide variation in temperature and precipitation.
- Winter - 19.4 degrees F
- Summer - 70.2 degrees F
- Average Annual Rainfall - 32.9 inches
- Average Annual Snowfall - 35.5 inches
Distance To Major Cities
- Des Moines, Iowa - 132 miles
- Minneapolis, Minnesota - 223 miles
- Chicago, Illinios - 291 miles
- Omaha, Nebraska - 264 miles
For more information on the Waverly Area's demographics, please visit the US Census website or City-Data.