The Waverly Civil Service Commission is accepting applications to establish an eligibility list for appointment as Police Officer. This is a career opportunity with a 17-officer department that provides service to a community of 10,000 residents.
The City of Waverly offers:
- Personal day(s) upon hire
- 1 week of vacation after 6 months (up to 5 weeks total)
- Paid sick leave (up to 1,092 hours)
- 10 paid holidays
- Longevity pay
- 90% individual & family health insurance premium coverage
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Wellness program (pays up to 50% single & family gym memberships).
- Waverly Police Officers participate in the Municipal Fire & Police Retirement System of Iowa (Chapter 411).
Waverly is a place where families thrive and a community where residents enjoy a high quality of life, a bustling downtown, and a college town atmosphere. Waverly-Shell Rock Senior High School is ranked within the top 10% of all schools in Iowa. Applicants must meet standards set forth by the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy. Applicants selected for testing will undergo written examination, physical fitness testing, interview, psychological testing, comprehensive background investigation, medical testing, and drug testing.
Applications may be obtained here or contacting:
Waverly Police Dept.
111 4th St. NE
Waverly, IA 50677
Police Officer salary range is $66,765 - $78,100.
ILEA Certified Peace Officers are eligible to recieve at $6,000 hiring incentive (50% upon hire and 50% after field training). The physical agility test and written exam is waived for current ILEA Certified Officers in good standing.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 p.m., Friday, May 19, 2023. Mandatory testing will be held Saturday, June 3, 2023. Email will be used for communication with applicants.
The City of Waverly is an equal opportunity employer.