Current Service Update
- Our new hours of service are Monday and Tuesday, 9 AM-8 PM, Wednesday-Friday, 9 AM-6 PM, and Saturday, 9 AM-4 PM.
- We are moving from appointment-only access to limited capacity browsing and computer use starting March 29. The public is now able to visit the library any time during the above hours with no appointment. Once building capacity is reached, visitors will need to wait to enter until others leave. Patrons are asked to limit visits to one hour. During that hour, patrons can browse and use the public computers.
- Masks will be required for all visiting patrons over the age of 2. Masks must cover your mouth and nose for the entirety of your visit.
Detailed Current Service Plan - As of March 29, 2021
The Waverly Public Library building is now open with no appointment required during the hours of Monday and Tuesday, 9 AM-8 PM, Wednesday-Friday, 9 AM-6 PM, and Saturday, 9 AM-4 PM.. The following services are also available:
- Call or email with questions. (319) 352-1223 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Books and other items may be requested for drive-through pick up by placing holds in the online catalog or by calling (319) 352-1223 or emailing email@example.com with a maximum of 10 items. The drive-through is open Monday and Tuesday, 9 AM-8 PM, Wednesday-Friday, 9 AM-6 PM, and Saturday, 9 AM-4 PM.
- Up to 10 items can be delivered right to your home. Staff will leave items in a place of your choosing (porch, inside screen door, etc.) for a completely no-contact experience. Call (319) 352-1223 to get started.
- Reference question assistance and help with online resources is available over the phone by calling (319) 352-1223.
- Outdoor return drops are open. Returned items are quarantined for two days before being checked in and returned to the shelf.
- Online collections and research databases are available 24/7 through our website. Use the Libby app to access our extensive Bridges collection of digital books, audiobooks, and magazines. Steam free videos through Kanopy and Bookflix.
- Adapted programming is available periodically. Check the library's social media or online calendar for current offerings and information.
- Reading Challenges are periodically available through an application called Beanstack. These challenges are available for all ages, babies through adults. Visit waverlyia.beanstack.org or download the Beanstack Tracker app to get started.
- Email simple documents to firstname.lastname@example.org to be printed and picked up through the drive-through window. Bring documents to be photocopied to the drive-through window, and we can make copies for you. Wireless printing is also available.
- Wifi is available throughout the building and in the parking lot. No password is required.
- The availability of all services remains contingent on our local area COVID-19 numbers and the safety of patrons and staff.