Current Service Plan - As of July 25, 2020
The Waverly Public Library is currently offering the following services:
- Reference question assistance and help with online resources over the phone by calling (319) 352-1223.
- Outdoor return drops are open. Returned items are quarantined for three days before being checked in and returned to the shelf.
- Online collections and research databases are available 24/7 through our website.
- Books and other items may be requested for drive-through pick up or delivery by calling (319) 352-1223 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a maximum of 10 items.
- To-go kits containing crafts and other activities are available through the drive-through on a first come, first served basis. New kits are available every Monday. These are for babies up through teenagers.
- Reading Challenges are sporadically available through an application called Beanstack. These challenges are available for all ages, babies through adults. Visit waverlyia.beanstack.org or download the Beanstack Tracker app to get started.
- Computer access is available by appointment. Call in to reserve a one-hour time slot. Printing is available.
- Email simple documents to email@example.com to be printed and picked up through the drive-through window. Bring documents to be photocopied to the drive-through window, and we can make copies for you.
- Browsing Hours for patrons to come into the building, browse the stacks, and check out materials are available. Call to reserve a one-hour time slot. (Please note that children's toys have been stored away and will not be available during these times.)
- The availability of all services remains contingent on our local area COVID-19 numbers and the safety of patrons and staff.