Now Hiring: Communications & Marketing Assistant
posted in Chamber of Commerce on January 31, 2018
The position coordinates and helps to oversee the efforts of all general office activities, including visitor’s center volunteers. The position plays a key role in managing outgoing office communications to the organization’s core constituents. The Communications & Marketing Assistant serves as a first contact to the public, requiring a demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to assisting customers. In addition, the position works closely with the Executive Director and Director of Tourism and Special Events in a support capacity.
• Serve as first contact for telephone and walk in inquires
• Work with Executive Director and Director of Tourism and Special Events to fulfill annual member benefit opportunities, including advertising fulfillment, coordinating networking events, and satisfying sponsorship benefits
• Assist with writing content for the organization’s press releases, print publications, e-newsletters, website and social media
• Schedule and coordinate distribution of the Chamber’s electronic communications including membership e-newsletter, social media efforts, and board of directors meeting notices
• Maintain membership database, including data entry
• Manage office equipment and maintenance and rental agreements
• Work with Director of Tourism and Special Events to coordinate Visitor’s Center volunteers including scheduling and supervising of volunteer staff
• Update and maintain waverlychamber.com including the management and promotion of online Community Calendar
• Coordinate distribution of tourism and relocation packets
• Sort daily mail and coordinate bulk mailings
• Position is up to 25 hours per week; hourly rate commensurate with experience
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree or minimum of two years of experience in a support position preferred
• Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction and community
• Excellent attention to detail with high accuracy and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
To apply, email a copy of your resume along with a cover letter addressed to Travis Toliver, Executive Director at: email@example.com.
Please include only the words "Job Posting" in the subject line. All applicants will be reviewed and considered for an interview. If an interview is warranted, we will call you. Please do not call to check the status of your application or inquire about scheduling an interview. Thank you.