View contact information for aquatic programs and learn about our rules and policies.
The Waverly Pool is officially closed for the season as of August 17, 2019. Thank you for a great season! For more information on the Outdoor Municipal Swimming Pool, please call the Leisure Services Department at (319) 352-6263.
For swim lessons and water fitness programs, please contact Wartburg College at (319) 352-8716.
To make pool party reservations, please contact the Municipal Pool at 319-352-6249.
Swimming Pool Open Policy
The swimming pool will be open under the following conditions:
Water & air temperature above 70 ° and at least 15 patrons for 20 minutes.
Pool closure information will be broadcast on KWAY FM 99.3, on Cable Channel 10 and can be obtained by calling the cancellation line at (319) 596-0188.
Wading Pool Policy
We welcome everybody to play in our wading pool as long as they are children under age 7 and accompanied by a parent or sitter over the age of 14. Parents or sitters can wear street clothes in the wading pool without paying an admission fee. Anybody in a swimming suit will pay an admission fee. Swim diaper or tight fitting rubber pants are required for those not toilet trained.
Season Pass Policy
Pass holders will be checked daily. Only immediate family members may be on a Family Pass. Sitters or guests will pay the daily rate or may take advantage of the discount punch card.
Plain Clothes Policy
Parents are welcome in plain clothes to supervise children in the wading pool. Plain clothes and street shoes are not allowed on the main pool deck.
State Health Department Recommendation
We are now required to have procedures in the event of a fecal accident. As a result, any "accident" will require us to be closed for a minimum of two hours. Swim diapers or tight fitting rubber pants are now required for those children not toilet trained. Needless to say, showers will be enforced and patrons can safeguard themselves by not drinking the pool water. Swim diapers will be available for purchase at the pool.
Swimming Pool Rules
- No running, pushing, fighting, dunking, or other rough play.
- No climbing on shoulders.
- Profanity will not be tolerated.
- Children under 9 years of age must be supervised at all times by a parent or sitter (14 years or older).
- The wading pool is for small children; children over 7 years are not allowed.
- Street shoes or street clothes not allowed on pool deck.
- No cut-offs, shirts or towels in the water.
- The following are not permitted within the facility:
- Smoking or use on any tobacco products
- Glass containers
- Balls smaller than volleyballs
- Hard plastic toys
- Throwing items which may cause injury
- Chewing gum
- No hanging on or swimming over safety ropes.
- Standing, head-first dives are not permitted in depths under 5 feet.
- Toys and flotation devices not allowed in 7 ft. or diving well.
- Tubes, mattresses and other flotation devices, as well as tag and keep-a-way are permitted by staff permission only.
- Patrons must demonstrate ability to swim 2 widths before entering deep water.
- Food and beverages allowed in concession area only.
- The Department reserves the right to prohibit any person(s) from using these facilities because of conduct which is detrimental to the safety, welfare or enjoyment of other patrons